Saturday, October 27, 2007

Will I be Popular?


She sat thinking on her bed; not realizing her thoughts took her far. They took her to a dark place, nightmares of her childhood, fears that came from them, and vulnerability of her former 8 year old self.

Do any of us really get over our childhood dreams?

If you go back and remember what your 12-year-old self expected you to be today, what do you think he/she would say?

Scenario 1: YAY! Oh my God! You’re totally so cool! I love how I turned out to be!

Scenario 2: who are you? Have we met? weird expression on face

Scenario 3: Wow! I never thought you’d turn out this way but I like. Not bad!

Scenario 4: Are you kidding me! THIS IS HOW I BECOME! (not in a good way)

As young teenagers we always looked forward to how we would become. Why not look back and see what we have become is really what we wanted to become? Keep ourselves in check. Be proud of who we are today. Let our 12-year-old self give us a pat on the back for a job well done on the few years that have passed.

If you don’t find a pat in the back, remember, you’re still breathing, there’s still time to change. Pat on the back for realizing that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could remember what 12 year old me thought..

Anonymous said...

what if u can't rmbr what the 12 yr old me used too think? it was way back ... anyways i don't believe u get what u want in life.. i didn't u won't and no1 else will..

rhn said...

you are the optimist *sarcasm*.

you dont have to get what you wanted.
you can be proud of who you are today. what you have become despite of all the problems you faced. and for that you deserve a pat on the back.

humpaka said...

VERY well timed picture!